Issue: Cisco TelePresence touch panel stuck in downloading software after system boots up.
Platform: Any Cisco TelePresence endpoints that support touch Panel.
Findings: I didn’t really find out what causes the Cisco TelePresence Touch Panel stuck in downloading software after systems boots up. I have tried three ways in resolving this issue and they are ordered in preference below:
1. Reboot the Cisco TelePresence endpoint.
– Most of the times this issue is resolved after power cycle.
2. Factory reset the TelePresence Touch Panel.
– If the first option didn’t fix the issue, try the factory reset option. Steps provided.
> Hold exclamation (!) button for 10 seconds until it lights up.
> Release exclamation (!) button.
> Press mute button twice (it will light up).
3. Upgrade to newer release.
– Last resort! Make sure you have CCO account and a valid contract t before you can access the software off Cisco site and upgrade to newer release. If your version is TC5 and like to upgrade to TC7, you need a release TC7 key otherwise you can’t upgrade. Other option is stay on TC5 and upgrade to latest minor version (e.g. TC5.1.13).